Dear Peddie Church Family and Friends,
We are deeply grateful to our Great Shepherd for His presence with us even as we walk through the valley of shadow of death. We continue to pray that His goodness and mercy would protect us and guide us as we take a step forward.
With the leadership of Minister Tina, the reopening committee decided unanimously to proceed with regathering of our congregation on Sunday, September 6, for worship. Being mindful of our congregation’s safety and well-being, we are proceeding prayerfully and cautiously, relying on the Lord to guide us and taking all possible precautions.
Live streaming of our worship service will continue here through the homepage on our website (peddiechurch.org). Whether you choose to stay home or come to church, you will be able to participate in worship.
For the well-being of yourself and the congregation, we ask you to stay home and worship online if you have any health concerns or symptoms:
- temperature above 99.0 F
- preexisting medical conditions
- recently visited states that are on the NJ quarantine list
- exposed to anyone who recently tested positive for COVID-19
Email or Call for Attendance
We would like to know in advance how many people will attend the worship service in person. If you plan to come to church, please send email or call our secretary Carol (click here to send email or call 973-642-2552) by this Friday, September 4.
According to the NJ state directives, we are allowed to open at 25% capacity, which is about 125 people (using the balcony). We anticipate roughly 50 people, which is well below the limit.
For those who are coming to church, please follow the protocols for the safety of everyone.
- Wear masks inside the building.
- At the check-in table:
- Temperature is taken as you enter the building.
- Your name and contact information are recorded for contact tracing.
- Gloves are available for those who would like to use them.
- Disinfect your hands with hand sanitizers (on the table and wall-mounted).
- Greet without touching (no hand shaking, hugging, or elbow touching)
- Sit only on designated spots to maintain social distancing.
- Families are allowed to sit together.
- Up to two persons are allowed in the restroom at a time.
- No socialization after the worship service.
- Wash or disinfect your hands before leaving church.
We also would like to assure you that
- The sanctuary and all touched surfaces are disinfected on Saturdays.
- Targeted disinfection is done immediately after the Sunday service.
- The sanctuary is ventilated on Saturdays and Sundays to replace the indoor air with fresh air from the outside.
As we put our trust in the Lord, we pray that the Lord would keep us safe in His dwelling, hide us in the shelter of His sacred tent, and set us high upon a rock (Psalm 27:5).
In the service of Christ,
–Pastor James, Minister Tina, and the Reopening Committee